Join the Bray & Oakley Family
Position Title: Producer
Job Classification: Exempt; Full-Time Position
Responsible to: Sales Manager
The Producer position is sales-oriented, requires advanced communication skills, and a thorough knowledge of insurance products available through the agency. The Producer is responsible for pursuing and closing sales of new and existing commercial lines and/or employee benefit accounts and retaining an assigned book of business. The Producer performs the essential functions of the position noted below, while meeting the quality and service standards developed by the agency.
- Responsible for identification and prospecting of potential new policy holders.
- Consultatively sell a wide array of insurance solutions and risk services to new and assigned customers with a support team of experts and skilled professionals to assist.
- Implement a growth strategy involving both new business and net book growth.
- Meet aggressive new business revenue goals through the development of one or two niches within the market.
- Improve client value proposition through the development of Proactive Services and building Proactive Objectives for safety and loss control.
- Continuously develop and apply product knowledge, market changes, and underwriting skills to provide recommendations and suggestions regarding a client’s insurance program.
- Engage with clients (in person, via telephone, or email) to discuss service needs, billing, and coverage questions.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing, to explain insurance issues, to receive and interpret complex information, and respond appropriately.
- Ability to understand written and oral communication and interpret abstract information.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Confident, self-starter who works well independently.
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail and time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines and multi-task.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
Education and Experience:
- High School graduate
- Sales experience and acumen, to include researching, prospecting, qualifying, and finding the best solutions to client needs.
Minimum of three (3) years of proven sales success is required.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment. The employee frequently is required to remain in a stationary position, often standing or sitting for prolonged periods.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate, listen, and observe. The employee must be able to communicate clearly with others.
- This position frequently communicates with clients who have inquiries about coverage and pricing. The employee must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations.
- Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as calculator, copy machine, and computer printer. This includes repeating motions that involve the wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
- Position may require the employee to ascend and/or descend ladders, stairs, ramps, and the like.
- High stress, fast-paced environment with a high volume of work to be completed daily.
- Limited physical effort required or exposure to physical risk. However, must be able to lift 15 pounds at times.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Bray & Oakley Insurance Agency Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.